Whether you are a full-time working parent or simply want to enjoy an evening out, who is going to look after your children and keep them safe while you are away from your home.
As a parent, chances are you will need to hire a babysitter at some point. What can you do to ensure the best possible care for your kids when you need to be away from them?
Things to consider when hiring a babysitter:
- Ask for recommendations from family members, friends or neighbours
- Look for someone who is caring, responsible and mature enough to look after the welfare of your children
- Check all references carefully
- Do your kids like and trust their babysitter? Observe how he or she interacts with them before making your decision
- Find out if the babysitter is experienced enough to handle possible emergency situations
- Collect and keep all personal information, such as first and last name, home address, home & cell phone number
To-Do List for your Babysitter
- Let the babysitter know where you will be and how to get a hold of you. Include the exact address and your cell phone number. Don’t forget emergency numbers
- Make sure your babysitter knows where to find the First Aid Kit and how to use it
- Discuss your expectations for meals, snacks, television, bedtime
- Do not allow any visitors while you are away
- Instruct the babysitter to arm your security system in the stay mode once you have left, securing all doors and windows
- If you have a camera system, check in remotely a couple of times for added peace of mind
Only if you hire a mature and reliable babysitter who truly cares about the welfare of your children, can you be sure that your loved ones will be safe while you are away from your home.
If you don’t have a security system, if your system is not monitored or if you are unhappy with your current security provider, call me for a free, no-obligation consultation. You’ll be glad you did!
Ulli Robson, Security Specialist, 780-288-2986